Procedure for maintaining the waiting list at OÜ Haldja Hambaravi
At OÜ Haldja Hambaravi, the waiting list is maintained by means of a treatment management software Hammas. The waiting list is open for three months in advance. Patients are registered in the waiting list at our clinics or by phone from 9:00 to 17:00 (Mon-Fri), and from 9:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays. Round-the-clock registration is possible on our website www.hambahaldjas.ee. Online booking is based on the ID-card and all the same data is required as upon registration at our clinics.
If a health care provider registers the patient in the waiting list at their place of business, the following information is entered in the waiting list: the given name and surname of the patient, personal identification code (or date of birth, if the patient does not have a personal identification code);
- the planned time of appointment;
- the indication for the provision of the planned health care service;
- the contact information of the patient;
- the date when the patient is registered in the waiting list;
- the date of and reason for making changes in the waiting list;
- code for placement in the waiting list, if the waiting period exceeds the maximum length approved by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund;
- notation that the patient has been informed of a change made in the waiting list.
If the patient is registered in the waiting list at the place of business of the health care provider, the health care provider gives the patient a written notice containing the date and time of the provision of the health care service, the name, phone number and address of the structural unit or health care professional providing the health care service, and the name of the doctor.
If the health care provider registers the patient in the waiting list by phone/via an online booking system, the name of the patient, planned time of appointment, contact information, date of registration, date of making changes, and the reason for registration are entered in the waiting list registry. The health care provider informs the patient of the time of the provision of the health care service as well as the name and phone number of the health care professional by phone.
If the health care provider makes any changes in the waiting list, the patient must be informed thereof within 24 hours as of the time when the change was made, and earlier information must be preserved together with the notation that the patient has been informed of the change.
If the waiting list is longer than six months, the health care provider notifies the patient of the time and place of the provision of the health care service one month before the appointment for the provision of the health care service.
At the place of business of the health care provider, the following information must be made available to patients:
1) information about reception hours;
2) the contact information of the nearest health care provider who provides 24-hour emergency care if the patient needs emergency care outside the reception hours;
3) the contact information of the health care provider, the regional department of the Estonian Health Insurance Fund and the County Governor and Health Board as places where patients can submit their complaints and proposals if they are not satisfied with the availability of the health care service or want to make proposals.
The rules for maintaining the waiting list have been prepared according to Regulation No. 46 of the Minister of Social Affairs (21.08.2008) and approved with decision No. 7 (11.03.2014) of the management board of Märjamaa Hambaravi OÜ (registry code 11564177), currently operating under the name of Haldja Hambaravi OÜ (registry code 11564177).